• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

new user from Winnipeg

chris_s

Hello, 

I'm looking for a forum to help me improve my techniques and fine tune some of the recipes I'm not getting adequate results with. 

I'm not a professional but am capable of following directions. I feed 2 toddlers, so speed of preparation and ability to make-ahead is important to any meal I attempt!

Just got a new sous vide machine (anova precision) today, so I will likely have a bunch of questions related to that. 

I'm also hoping that there are other Winnipegers here who can help out finding obscure ingredients locally

• Like 2

Welcome indeed, chris_s. There's a wealth of information and opinions here - about sous vide, about feeding toddlers, about quick-and-easy meal preparation. You should be able to find plenty of help here. Ask away with your questions, and here's hoping you find a 'home' in these Forums!

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown