• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Gfron dreams of elintarvikekriisit (Helsinki, Estonia, Christmas Markets & Michelin)

gfron1

I don't like to gloat (more than once a day), but I weighed myself yesterday. During our 7 day trip to Helsinki Tyler and I consumed 7 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 6 dinners consisting of 53 courses beer or wine with almost every course and meal, plenty of sugar in between for me (not so much for Tyler), and I gained a whopping 3 pounds on our trip. Which I am sure is gone already. Moral of the story - good genes go a long way, and walking a long way will keep you in your jeans.

• Like 3

I've also been thinking back to what the highlights were for me beyond my time alone with Tyler, and what stands out is, yes, Olo, but also our dinner at Neh in Tallinn, the Mannerheim museum, Vivo's, and that crazy Jaffa soda Christmas display! I really like the Church of the Rock but that's only 5 minutes of your time.

• Like 1