• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dinner 2014 (Part 7)

Anna N

Quick meals...don't know WHY I am so busy!

Mac & Cheese moat with creamed salmon & mushrooms

MacMoat&Salmon1272.jpg

And Marmalade and Whole Grain  Mustard roast chicken legs and sweet potato medallions (sprinkled with chili lime flakes)

MarmaladeChicken&SweetTaters1395.jpg

• Like 4

Dejah

www.hillmanweb.com

20141213_181355_zpsb3194de8.jpg

Yesterday dinner, Sausage patties, made with left over of the boiling sausage I made  and served with milk sauce, mustard and potatoes.  YUM.

• Like 3

Cheese is you friend, Cheese will take care of you, Cheese will never betray you, But blue mold will kill me.

Mitch--Your paella looks delicious.  I love the candles :)

Gfweb--I haven't made stuffed mushrooms in ages.  Yours are calling my name.

Kim--I always love seeing your tree trimming goodies.  I LOVE that Santa holding the bread.

Baselerd--Ohhhhhh those scallops look soooooooo gooooooood.

I had a pheasant to use, so I made pheasant quesadillas with a quick corn and black bean salsa

photo.jpg

• Like 3

We had friends and family over for apps and a Mashed Potato Martini Bar. I didn't get a lot of pics but we served the mashed potatoes warm from the slow cooker with gravy and toppings of their choice:

Cubed Black Forest Ham

Rare Sous Vide thinly sliced steak

Horse Radish

Olives

Fried onions, the dried ones

Olives

Hot peppers

Chives

Candied Bacon

10534172_10152443667707703_4437342099014896561_o.jpg

10858469_10152443811857703_3768087332370318558_n.jpg

The more food that came out , the less time I had for pictures!

Edited to add correct picture and to mention that crazy centerpiece is Budda's Fingers...wonderful lemon scent and flavour! 

Edited by Mmmpomps (log)
  • Like 8

Oh my, Mmmpomps. That is a brilliant idea. My son-in-law and granddaughter would think this the best idea ever. The perfect delivery system for their beloved mashed potatoes.

• Like 2

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

Oh my, Mmmpomps. That is a brilliant idea. My son-in-law and granddaughter would think this the best idea ever. The perfect delivery system for their beloved mashed potatoes.

And very easy to prep! My theme was bacon...I forgot to mention the bacon popcorn,it was a huge hit...candied bacon made with brown sugar a bit of molasses and hot chili powder rubbed on the bacon and cooked in the oven. Melt butter with a good TBS of the sugar rub mix and add it to popcorn with cubed candied bacon. Delish!

• Like 1

We had friends and family over for apps and a Mashed Potato Martini Bar. I didn't get a lot of pics but we served the mashed potatoes warm from the slow cooker with gravy and toppings of their choice:

Cubed Black Forest Ham

Rare Sous Vide thinly sliced steak

Horse Radish

Olives

Fried onions, the dried ones

Olives

Hot peppers

Chives

Candied Bacon

attachicon.gif10534172_10152443667707703_4437342099014896561_o.jpg

attachicon.gif10858469_10152443811857703_3768087332370318558_n.jpg

The more food that came out , the less time I had for pictures!

Edited to add correct picture and to mention that crazy centerpiece is Budda's Fingers...wonderful lemon scent and flavour! 

What a neat idea!!!

• Like 1

Yesterday, we had over for dinner my parents in law and an uncle visiting from China. We had Chinise red pork roast, shrimps in a dipping sauce made by my husband's uncle, kale, saute' bruxelles sprouts leaves, sweet potatoes and some orange pork ribs. That's the only thing I managed to take a picture of.

orange pork ribs.JPG

• Like 12

Everyones meals look great. I was out of ideas until I saw a pork recipe posted yesterday by ElainaA.  I went to the store yesterday morning and got everything I wanted for dinner today.

DSCN1992_zpsb90dc1c3.jpg

I made the pork loin chops, reduced the marinade to 1/2 cup then used the reduction to deglaze the pan after the pork chops were browned.

DSCN2012_zpsa5f651c7.jpg

We also had asparagus with hollandaise, cranberry chutney and baked potatoes.  The asparagus was a disappointment. It tasted metalic. 

DSCN2018_zpsebcabd16.jpg

The pineapple was for dessert. We had it with homemade egg nog.

DSCN2023_zps7564a633.jpg

Cassie is not a big fan of pork but both of them agreed that this recipe was a keeper.

Edited by Norm Matthews (log)
  • Like 14

This is Cornish Game hen-- I love the Backbone  ( my Plate )
The sauce is red currant jelly, port and cream in a braise game hen stew on tators
candied pearl onions and kale Brussels salad

Topped with Pomo seeds

Game Hen.jpg

Wow.. bruised parsley?  Help me on this--was my knife that duLL?

Edited by Paul Bacino (log)
  • Like 6

Its good to have Morels