• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Lunch! What'd ya have? (2014–2015)

Anna N

I usually have a couple of these on hand for emergencies. 

cdl.jpg

Dry cured duck legs (腊鸭腿). Just duck and salt. They need steaming or boiling for between 15 and 20 minutes. I gave this one 18, let it cool and pulled the meat off. 

Chopped garlic, ginger, and pickled chilli. And some mushrooms. Fried for a few minutes then added the duck and some chicken stock. Let simmer until mushrooms were cooked.

Chopped coriander/cilantro and Chinese chives. Added wild shrimp and coriander and chives, along with some fresh rice noodles handmade my lovely neighbour. Two minutes later, I had lunch.

dpn1.jpg

dpn2.jpg

Edited by liuzhou
typo (log)
  • Like 9

...your dancing child with his Chinese suit.

The Kitchen Scale Manifesto

On 11/18/2015 at 11:05 PM, liuzhou said:

I usually have a couple of these on hand for emergencies. 

cdl.jpg

Emergency duck legs - I love it!  I have flashlights, hand cranked radios, bottled water, peanut butter, canned soup and granola bars but I am clearly missing a key item in my emergency supply cabinet  :laugh:

Host's note: this topic is has been split to allow our servers to work efficiently; the next segment may be found here.

Edited by Smithy
Added host's note (log)
  • Like 4