• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hello All

tdatta

Just a simple introduction.

I'm Timir. I am an electrical engineer by training, just finishing up with grad school. My  professional work lies at the interface of biology and electronics.

I've been fascinated with food (eating and cooking) from a very young age, as I'm certain many of the forum members have as well. I'm generally always up for trying something new, there are very few things that I will not eat at least once. 

My favourite food has to be cured ham, specifically Italian prosciutto (both from Parma and San Danielle) and Spanish jamon (especially Iberico), Over the last 18 years I don't think that I have gone for longer than a week without eating some sort of cured pork as long as I could procure it within an hours drive.

As far as cuisines go, I would probably say that I love the simplicity of Japanese food, but I find things that I like in nearly all cuisines. Interestingly what I find myself cooking often has  very strong flavor profiles like Szechuan or Thai, in contrast to the often delicate flavours of Japanese foods.

I recently acquired an immersion circulator and it has not been off for more than 12 consecutive hours over the last two weeks.

• Like 2

Hi Timir.  Welcome to eGullet.

I'm right with you on jamon Iberico - wonderful stuff.  My favourite supplier recently had some lomo Iberico (pork loin) which I think might be my Christmas addiction!

It sounds like you'll have some fun here.  We have people from all over the world, with correspondingly varied tastes.  Dive in and share with us.

Kind regards,

Leslie

Leslie Craven, aka "lesliec"
Host, eG Forumslcraven@egstaff.org

After a good dinner one can forgive anybody, even one's own relatives ~ Oscar Wilde

My eG Foodblog

eGullet Ethics Code signatory