• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Tiny here! Hello and nice to meet everyone!

tinyragebaking

Hi everyone! 

I've been a long, long time lurker of this site.  I discovered this site by doing some Google searches on storage of food and chocolate making/tempering and then proceeded to spend many numerous hours reading the forums(you really don't want to know :x).  I've wanted to become a part of the community for a long time because everybody here is so friendly and helpful, so here I am! It took me long enough! 

I'm not a professional, just a big ol' food enthusiast. :) I love to cook, bake, read recipes, read articles about food (the history of food), make chocolates (I dabble in tempering and specifically making fondants with invertase), and try to add as many herbs into desserts as humanly possible! In general anything that centers around the topic of food I am interested in, and usually I will try to bake or eat anything at least once with an open mind! 

Thanks for having me here and I hope to get to know people more as I post! Have a good day everyone :) 

• Like 4

Welcome to eGullet and to this family of food enthusiasts who, as you say, help each other so much.  I have certainly been the recipient of much help over the years and trust that you will be too. 

I'd like to know more about herbs in desserts...

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

Hi Tiny.

Welcome to eG.  We like food enthusiasts!

I'm a big believer in using bay leaves to flavour ice cream.  Highly recommended.

Enjoy the forums, and let's hear about some of your experiments..

Leslie Craven, aka "lesliec"
Host, eG Forumslcraven@egstaff.org

After a good dinner one can forgive anybody, even one's own relatives ~ Oscar Wilde

My eG Foodblog

eGullet Ethics Code signatory

Darienne: I frequently try to throw in freshly chopped rosemary to all of my baked goods: shortbread, rice krispie treats (one of my favorites to throw rosemary in!), and cakes!

Lesliec: I will have to try adding in bay leaves to ice cream.  That sounds marvelous! 

I just made a lemon tart and threw in 1 tablespoon of rosemary to this recipe: 

https://food52.com/recipes/1374-lazy-mary-s-lemon-tart

I also strained the pulp and bits.  I'm curious how it will affect the texture or consistency of the filling.  

Hi everyone! 

I've been a long, long time lurker of this site.  I discovered this site by doing some Google searches on storage of food and chocolate making/tempering and then proceeded to spend many numerous hours reading the forums(you really don't want to know :x).  I've wanted to become a part of the community for a long time because everybody here is so friendly and helpful, so here I am! It took me long enough! 

I'm not a professional, just a big ol' food enthusiast. :) I love to cook, bake, read recipes, read articles about food (the history of food), make chocolates (I dabble in tempering and specifically making fondants with invertase), and try to add as many herbs into desserts as humanly possible! In general anything that centers around the topic of food I am interested in, and usually I will try to bake or eat anything at least once with an open mind! 

Thanks for having me here and I hope to get to know people more as I post! Have a good day everyone :) 

Hi Tinyragebaking, welcome to EGullet.  I lurked for a long time before joining too! I am looking forward to reading your posts. Regards.

Hello, Tiny!

That's interesting about the rosemary with sweets. I use it to what I think is very good effect in my very slightly sweet cornbread with olive oil, but had not considered it for desserts and such. It's one of my favorite herbs, and luckily, I have a neighbor with a six-foot diameter bush she generously gave me permission to harvest at will. It's so nice to have that source of super fresh organic rosemary.

I'm looking forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome to eGullet.

> ^ . . ^ <