• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Corporate Caterers

loavesandfishes

What services are typically offered at corporate caterers?

I have a food catering business. We offer corporate catering services. In corporate catering we assist clients during meetings with coffee drink, and continental breakfasts. Can you please give me some suggestion regarding corporate services so that I can add it in my services.

Edited by loavesandfishes (log)

Here in my part of the  US, caterers can specialize with regard to the type of event (e.g., weddings) or in a type/style of food (clam bake or barbecue, for example). Others are full service and do all types of events at the client's premises or an event venue (some exclusive venues have a limited list of preferred vendors and you want to figure out how to get on that list).   If you want to work with companies who want catering brought in-house (to their location, as you are doing now with breakfast), then provide lunch/dinner menu options for them to try; perhaps arrange a meeting where you bring in some of your house specialties and let the decision makers sample the food.  Or provide a coupon for a lunch or dinner that they can redeem to sample your other menus.  In my previous career in high-tech, our company hosted two company-wide luncheons (spring and fall) with a theme and the caterers we used set it up with a tent in the parking lot, tables, chairs, etc and the food.  As we also did in-house training classes, this caterer also provided the lunch for the classes so if some of your clients do training perhaps that's another market (lunch) that you can add.  They sent regular menus (I can't remember if it was weekly or every other week or even monthly) and we ordered from that.  Make sure you have a paper trail to keep track of inquiries and orders; mistakes happen and there's no worse feeling than scrambling to accommodate an order they forgot or you forgot.

Here in my part of the  US, caterers can specialize with regard to the type of event (e.g., weddings) or in a type/style of food (clam bake or barbecue, for example). Others are full service and do all types of events at the client's premises or an event venue (some exclusive venues have a limited list of preferred vendors and you want to figure out how to get on that list).   If you want to work with companies who want catering brought in-house (to their location, as you are doing now with breakfast), then provide lunch/dinner menu options for them to try; perhaps arrange a meeting where you bring in some of your house specialties and let the decision makers sample the food.  Or provide a coupon for a lunch or dinner that they can redeem to sample your other menus.  In my previous career in high-tech, our company hosted two company-wide luncheons (spring and fall) with a theme and the caterers we used set it up with a tent in the parking lot, tables, chairs, etc and the food.  As we also did in-house training classes, this caterer also provided the lunch for the classes so if some of your clients do training perhaps that's another market (lunch) that you can add.  They sent regular menus (I can't remember if it was weekly or every other week or even monthly) and we ordered from that.  Make sure you have a paper trail to keep track of inquiries and orders; mistakes happen and there's no worse feeling than scrambling to accommodate an order they forgot or you forgot.

Thank You very much for giving a wonderful suggestions !