• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Wilfa Precision Coffee Maker - Any experiences?

GwennP

Hi have a Technivorm Moccamaster and, though the coffee is great, I am tired of the lever in the brew basket slipping and not allowing water to pass through to the carafe, leaving me an inch of coffee and a brew basket full of grounds and water to bail out.  I got a new basket too, and within 4 months started having the same problem. So, I am researching a new coffee maker - but I am spoiled.  Does anyone have any experience with the Wilfa Precision Coffee Maker? It is made in Norway and I'm seeing good things. It's being sold now in the US only through Williams Sonoma.  Or, if there is another coffee maker I should consider, I'd love to hear it.

There are a couple of mentions of the Wilfa over at Home-Barista.  As one guy put it, looks like a nice bit of "counter candy."

So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money. But when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness."

So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.