• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

A few very old little bottles I found at the back of the cabinet!

CliveBear

So... digging through the depths of my liquor cabinet I came across some very old little bottles, some of which may have belonged to my South African grandmother -- all of them look pretty old. As I'm relatively new to spirits, I was hoping that the connoisseurs could help me identify these; firstly, so that I don't serve/drink a compromised product, and secondly, so that I can isolate anything of value. (I don't want to guzzle a winner!) Any help is much appreciated! Many thanks! :)

And without further ado, here's the line-up (from left to right, pic below): Trinchieri Triplo Secco, Trinchieri Doppio-Kummel, Haig's Gold Label Blended Scotch Whisky, Old Master Old Brown Sherry, John Dewar & Sons White Label Scotch Whisky.

WAi4mjx.jpg

Edited by CliveBear (log)

These might be interesting to collectors. I doubt any of them are particularly wonderful to drink, and I'd guess that the sherry has gone off. The two Scotch bottles won't have changed much (if at all) for the age. The triple sec and kummel look like they have lost volume.

In other words, they are way cooler to look at than drink, I'd venture.

Kindred Cocktails | Craft + Collect + Concoct + Categorize + Community