• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Learning it all, Colorado USA

Dave W

Hi , I'm excited to participate. I'm an avid home chef, part time caterer, amateur sausage maker, BBQ competitor , forum poster and novice baker.

I like:

Aggressive guacamole

Cold smoke

Hot smoke

Home dried sausages

Fermentation

Gluten

Schmaltz with potatoes

American food

Southeast Asian food

Filled dough

Making every. thing. from scratch.

Love this forum. Hope I can learn lots more here and contribute some of my own knowledge.

I've got myself a 25# sack of bread flour, bones in my freezer and a big oven. Baking and soup season has begun.

• Like 4

Well it's aggressive not atomic. I think roasted jalapeños are plenty hot.

The aggression is also from the garlic, raw shallot, cumin and salt. I try to keep them all aggressively balanced.

Use a mortar on your cilantro and cumin and garlic and hot pepper but not the onions.

Greetings! I too am a fan of Asian food, Gluten and soup :smile: Have you ever made congee (rice porridge) or seitan (with the gluten)? I have been to Aspen and to Boulder (CU has one my favorite football teams :smile: ).

"As life's pleasures go, food is second only to sex.Except for salami and eggs...Now that's better than sex, but only if the salami is thickly sliced"--Alan King (1927-2004)