• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Bottle brush

Franci

I thought it was a simple task. I found myself spending too much time on Amazon trying to look for a decent long neck bottle brush (for wine bottles or tall water glass bottles) that is not too flimsy and does a good job.

I bought already a set and was useless. Do you have one you like and recommend?

Thanks!

Or a homebrew supply store, which may or may not be the same as the wine making supply store.

Exactly (types the former jhomebrewer). They also would have a bottle cleaning nozzle attachment that one can screw onto the end of a faucet that shoots a jet of hot water into a bottle (or 6 gallon carboy).

Exactly (types the former jhomebrewer). They also would have a bottle cleaning nozzle attachment that one can screw onto the end of a faucet that shoots a jet of hot water into a bottle (or 6 gallon carboy).

This reminds me I have the Haan steam cleaner and used in the past for the cleaning my husband chemex. How could I forget about it!

I keep my vinegars and olive oil in lab cruets.  They do sometimes get grummy though, and I discovered that the best way to clean the inside bottoms is by using false teeth cleaner (Efferdent).  Drop in a pill, add hot water, shake till it's clean.

• 2 weeks later...