• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Making Blonde Chocolate

Susanne Hindle Kher

GlorifiedRice, I'll send you some!  (I use it to make these bars.)  :wink:

http://www.dolcetta-sweets.com/shop/caramelized-white-chocolate-almond-bar

Andrea - After seeing  your photo of your bar, I realize I met you at the NW Chocolate Festival (as a customer) and even bought that very bar - which is what got me interested in blonde chocolate!  Nicely done!

• Like 1

Andrea - After seeing  your photo of your bar, I realize I met you at the NW Chocolate Festival (as a customer) and even bought that very bar - which is what got me interested in blonde chocolate!  Nicely done!

Ha!  Small world :smile:

I also followed this post and had to try this.

I got the white chocolate in the oven at around 120°C  for about 50 minutes. I stirred every 10 minutes.

here are my results:

I tried to temper the blonde chocolate (brought down to 27°C and than up to 29°C). On the inside of the mold it looks great but on the outside it bloomed. You can see this in the back of the last picture.

blonde-1.jpg

Then i tried adding some butter to it and it got a very nice ans smooth consistency, reminding me of caramel,fudge.

blonde-2.jpg

I like the final product, but there must be a easier way of producing..

Edited by danield (log)
  • Like 1