• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

SLB

SLB

11 minutes ago, blue_dolphin said:

If others are inspired to order Father's products and live somewhat distant from them, I'd recommend waiting until cooler weather. 

My order, placed in May, was shipped promptly but was in transit for over a week.  It wasn't hot here, but the uninsulated box had clearly been exposed to very warm temps.  Everything inside ws quite warm to the touch and the bacon had that translucent, liquidy appearance you get when you try to warm a pack in the microwave and way overshoot the time. The shipping box was soaked through in several areas with fat that had leaked out from 2 poorly sealed bags. 

Nothing was actually rancid but I'm sure this sort of handling can affect the quality and shelf life of the products.

I agree totally.  I decided not to order bacon because I just couldn't see how that was gonna work.  

And yes, their sealing could use some higher-tech.  

SLB

SLB

8 minutes ago, blue_dolphin said:

If others are inspired to order Father's products and live somewhat distant from them, I'd recommend waiting until cooler weather. 

My order, placed in May, was shipped promptly but was in transit for over a week.  It wasn't hot here, but the uninsulated box had clearly been exposed to very warm temps.  Everything inside ws quite warm to the touch and the bacon had that translucent, liquidy appearance you get when you try to warm a pack in the microwave and way overshoot the time. The shipping box was soaked through in several areas with fat that had leaked out from 2 poorly sealed bags. 

Nothing was actually rancid but I'm sure this sort of handling can affect the quality and shelf life of the products.

I agree totally.  I decided not to order bacon because I just couldn't see how that was gonna work.  

And yes, they're sealing could use some higher-tech.