• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

LindaK

LindaK

correct formatting

Now that I have a PureFizz, I’m ready to join the MR fan club. 

I’ve now tried it once with Monsieur Rotuts’ preferred TJ cuvée with okay but underwhelming results.  I saw lots of little bubbles but somehow they didn’t register on the palate, if that makes sense.  A bit of a sour flavor.  Luckily Santa also gave me a few boxes of the CO2 cylinders so I’m ready to try again.

My PureFizz came with minimal directions on the packaging and a few tips in the enclosed “recipe” book.  I learned more from reading here and in MC but still have a few questions.

According to the PureFizz info, the bubbles get smaller the more you shake the bottle. Has anyone worked out the optimal number of shakes?  I got very small bubbles but no bubble sensation in the drinking, so perhaps I was over-enthusiastic.

PureFizz also says that the more you let the bottle sit, the fizzier it gets.  How long do others let it rest after adding the CO2?  MC recommends an hour, but from what I’ve read here, no one waits that long for MR.

Also wondering if the “sour flavor” is a matter of finding the right still wine for my palate, or is it something in my technique?

I do not own a Baccarat flute. Perhaps that is the problem.

LindaK

LindaK

Now that I have a PureFizz, I’m ready to join the MR fan club. 

I’ve now tried it once with Monsieur Rotuts’ preferred TJ cuvée with okay but underwhelming results.  I saw lots of little bubbles but somehow they didn’t register on the palate, if that makes sense.  A bit of a sour flavor.  Luckily Santa also gave me a few boxes of the CO2 cylinders so I’m ready to try again.

My PureFizz came with minimal directions on the packaging and a few tips in the enclosed “recipe” book.  I learned more from reading here and in MC but still have a few questions.

According to the PureFizz info, the bubbles get smaller the more you shake the bottle. Has anyone worked out the optimal number of shakes?  I got very small bubbles but no bubble sensation in the drinking, so perhaps I was over-enthusiastic.

PureFizz also says that the more you let the bottle sit, the fizzier it gets.  How long do others let it rest after adding the CO2?  MC recommends an hour, but from what I’ve read here, no one waits that long for MR.

Also wondering if the “sour flavor” is a matter of finding the right still wine for my palate, or is it something in my technique?

I do not own a Baccarat flute. Perhaps that is the problem.