• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Help! My enrober belt has broken. What would be the quickest way to get it working?

Baylee Chocolate Lady

This may or may not work, but, I have in the past replaced an automobile fan belt with pantyhose. Just cut one leg off, loop it around and tie a knot as tightly as possible. It will slip a little as the knot passes over the wheel, but other than that, it works and lasts a remarkably long time.

I was going to suggest a bra strap, that is what our  VW bus survived on for 2 days before we got to a mechanic when the  fan belt broke.

Cheese is you friend, Cheese will take care of you, Cheese will never betray you, But blue mold will kill me.

I have some bent links in mine. I bought some extra belt material to fix, but I'm too chicken to try it! I figure bent is better than what I would do to it. I have used a rubber band in place of the detailer belt. Works fine. Good luck.

Ruth Kendrick

Chocolot
Artisan Chocolates and Toffees
www.chocolot.com

Perfect sells sections of the belt material. They also have instructions. You have damaged too many links to repair, IMHO. Looks like something got jammed.

Ruth Kendrick

Chocolot
Artisan Chocolates and Toffees
www.chocolot.com