• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

FOOD!

Tain

Hi folks! 

I'll make this quick - I eat everything, I cook everything, and I'm interested in everything. I have an obsession with trying everything as well. If there is 50 different foods on at a buffet, I want to be eating 50 foods.

I'm also a junky for my sous vide. I put everything in it. When the weather gets colder, my underpants are going in. And I like pretending I'm a chemist when I do it. Lab coat and thick rimmed glasses and everything. I'm considering writing a sous vide blog, but I don't think anyone would ever read it.

I half-trained to be a chef, but wussed out 6 months in to my NVQ level 3, and opted for an easy life in FM instead. I still pretend I'm a big TV chef whenever I'm daydreaming though.

Since getting my sous vide (seriously - I wont shut up about it, so you will need to get used to it), I really feel the need to start experimenting with my cooking properly and creating things for myself... And here we are.

• Like 3