• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hello

Hello,

I do a lot of fusion cooking.  I do this not out of perversity but because of a host of alergies, some messed up kidneys (ADPKD), and some ethical qualms (with which I will not trouble you).  I would prefer to eat the food I was raised with, but that is not an option.  Even so, I have found many tasty (if novel) things to eat despite some rather annoying limitations.  I am inspired by Mexican, Indian, and Thai flavors and techniques. 

Welcome! A lot of us love fusion cooking around here, even if we're blessed with good health :-); still others have to find workarounds for various food intolerances. If you've lurked here long you'll know that the details of health issues are generally glossed over in the interests of sticking to the topics of food and drink; that said, we love to find creative and tasty ways to accommodate various dietary needs.

Do you live in a place where it's easy to find your necessary ingredients, or is it a challenge to find what you need?

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

Welcome, hiinakemenduro.  You have come to the right place.

You don't tell us what foods you were raised on.  Maybe it's something we could all try and learn from.

I am fairly new to liking cooking...about 7 years now...although advanced in years and I do love making and eating Mexican and Indian foods.  We had enchiladas, rice and beans for lunch yesterday.  Don't know Thai food very well at all. 

Look forward to reading your posts. 

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

Welcome, Thorton.  If you'd care to start your own topic, you may.   :wink:

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown