• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Newbie Intro...

Happy to have found this forum while researching baking pot roasts from frozen. It turns out you can which makes me a happy camper!

I'm a Canadian expat living in Portland, Oregon and somewhat of a food snob who can't cook. I can bake some, but cooking has never been interesting to me. My husband is an AMAZING cook, but only does it on the weekends, when we have dinner guests, or when I can't come up with a last minute meal out of what's on hand when it's been a busy week day. He, on the other hand, can whip up a beautiful dish in a half hour, out of mysterious ingredients that I never would have thought to use.

This is why I'm here. Perhaps if I widen my knowledge base and persue inspiration from those who are passionate about it, it will be less tedious and some of that passion might rub off on me. It would be brilliant to serve my family "from the heart" tasty meals, instead of bland "had to" meals.

Anyway, that's my story. Let the teaching and inspiration begin!

Tracey

• Like 4

Hello Canadian expat.  Welcome to eGullet.  A really good place to be.

Cooking was never my thing either and in fact my husband taught me how to cook in the first place.  I learned what I had to and no more.  That's all changed now and I hold eGullet responsible (in a good way) for the changes.

Darienne

• Like 1

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

Welcome to egullet, orangeblossomom.  You'll probably find a lot of inspiration here.  The members around here range from lazy cooks to keenly interested but uneducated cooks, and there are many passionate and accomplished cooks who love to teach.   Here's hoping the conversations fire up your interest in producing food that makes you proud.   :cool:

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

Hey, OrangeBlossomom!

Welcome to eGullet.

I was already passionate about food and cooking when I discovered this wonderful site.

You're so lucky your husband is a good cook.

You're a lucky gal!

I hope that we can spark an interest in you that will lead you to some culinary delights. 

> ^ . . ^ <