• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Yakitori grills in the UK

gaiaphil

I'm looking for a Yakatori grill for next summer, I'd prefer the traditional grill used in Japan but a gas model would be OK. I've found plenty to import from Japan but expediting costs are as much, if not a little more, than the grill itself. The grill will be used for catering so those small gas numbers just won't do, it's got to be a good size and up for the job. Can anyone help or know of a European company that can supply? Thanks..

Does it have to be yakitori grill? 

What about a mangal or something similar?  I'd think it would be easier to find a metal worker close to home that could fabricate a model to your specs -- length, depth, on legs or casters, holding area for food, etc.

If you can find a reliable supplier for replacement grill racks, you could have the grill built to that size...

So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money. But when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness."

So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

hi Joe, I'm intending on making Yakitori at festivals and gatherings next year so a Yakitori grill would be perfect as the food doesn't tough the grill. Each skewer hangs from either side, this is what I really like about this style of grill. One of the photos above show something very similar so food for thought, thank you!

Each skewer hangs from either side, this is what I really like about this style of grill. One of the photos above show something very similar...

Yes, that's why I provided a link for the mangal description.  It is essentially a yakitori grill, can be fabricated out of metal, close to home, for less cash.

No need to import from Japan, IMO.

• Like 1

So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money. But when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness."

So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.