• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Just an introduction

Jenny@SnP

Yep. You introduce yourself and tell us something like what you like to eat or drink or cook, and maybe how you found the forums, and then we say 'welcome'. Want to to try? ;-)

• Like 1

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

Yep. You introduce yourself and tell us something like what you like to eat or drink or cook, and maybe how you found the forums, and then we say 'welcome'. Want to to try? ;-)

WOw...okay. So, let's start by introducing myself first. I'm Jenny as what's stated in my profile.  I'm from Gold Coast, City in Queensland, Australia.  But I finished my Culinary Management course in Texas State University, Houston TX. I came back to Queensland last year and started my apprenticeship in one of the restaurants there. I like gourmet salads especially Sweet Potato Couscous and Cheesecake – Tangy Lemon for dessert. I love to drink wine! I always love to make Mars Bar Cheesecake for my mom because she loves it. :)

I found forum while I was searching for ingredients. I love to do food experiments so I'm always looking for something new in the web. :)

• Like 2

Welcome! It sounds as though you have a lot of interests and some great background. Come on in and join the fun! Feel free to PM a host if you aren't sure where to post something or need other help in the forums.

Mars Bar cheesecake ... or tangy lemon cheesecake ... both sound deliciously decadent. :-)

If you cared to share some of the differences you see between culinary traditions in the Gulf Coast of Texas and Gold Coast, Queensland, I bet you'd get a lot of interest.

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

Welcome to eGullet, Jenny!

I'd also love to hear about the culinary differences between Texas and Australia.

I remember reading a food blog from Australia that depicted a gorgeous and overflowing fresh seafood market, one of the most awesome, I have been exposed to, even though vicariously. 

As I understand Australia, most habitable locations are close to the sea, as the interior of the continent is quite an arid desert.

I'm only two hours from the Atlantic ocean, but due to this country's insane political food philosophy to process absolutely everything, put the consumer last, and make sure the middle man and stockholders get their oversized slice of the pie, I don't have very good access to fresh seafood.

I am eager to hear about your culinary world, in general, but especially about the fresh seafood available to you. :-)

> ^ . . ^ <