• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Greetings from a French Macaron Enthusiast

Tracey Kate

Hi, Tracey.  Welcome to eGullet.

You'll find a lot of enthusiastic macaron makers here, along with a huge number of macaron virgins (like me!).  Our main macaron troubleshooting topic lives here, but you'll find plenty of mention of them in other topics as well.

Have fun in the forums.

Regards,

Leslie

Leslie Craven, aka "lesliec"
Host, eG Forumslcraven@egstaff.org

After a good dinner one can forgive anybody, even one's own relatives ~ Oscar Wilde

My eG Foodblog

eGullet Ethics Code signatory

Hi and hello again everyone,

Thank you Chris for the quick welcome response.  I am excited to meet fellow Forum members to share and exchange knowledge.

I am an amateur home-cook and home-baker based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

My current interest is French Macarons of which I am experimenting with the various methods i.e. French, Italian, Swiss and Spanish. My interest in macarons started with the very first class I attended in July 2014. I intend to pursue and improve my knowledge and techniques in french macarons and have so far taken a class in Melbourne by Savour School. I would appreciate it very much if any of the members of this Forum can recommend advance macaron classes in London and Paris, of which they have attended and found to be good.

Besides macarons, I bake enriched bread e.g. brioche and challah. Just started baking lean dough bread and hopefully will progress into natural starters/sourdough in the near future.

Besides baking, I am also interested in French, Italian, Thai and Chinese cuisine – all strictly as a home-cook.

Wishing everyone a good day,

Tracey Kate

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=315440775306633&set=a.306015129582531.1073741873.100005221391126&type=3&theater