• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Tavern on the Green? What's up?

zoe b

Anyone know what we can expect there next weekend? I know Katy Sparks has left, is anyone at the helm?

This is not a place I'd ever want to eat--as beautiful as it was--I don't know what it looks like now--but my sister has planned her big year--not saying which--birthday party there--annd I want it to be wonderful for her. Anyone know anything?

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to report back. Dinner was decent, much better than I thought it would be. Some really delicious things--a field greens salad with goat cheese and prosciutto, a scallop appetizer, skirt steak, and a basil and honey sorbet for dessert.

It was kind of like eating in a diner, though, noisy and cramped, and service was friendly, but spotty--noone poured the wine for us, and DO NOT order a cocktail if you should find yourself there--the Hub had a weak and odd tasting Manhattan, and no one liked their drinks. We thought maybe they were attempts at new versions of traditional cocktails--not successful.