• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

"Death & Co: Modern Classic Cocktails"

FrogPrincesse

9 hours ago, FrogPrincesse said:

@ChrisTaylorDid you substitute dry vermouth for the blanc on purpose? Curious! :)

By accident, I guess. But I'd have done it intentionally, too, given the booze you have is always a better option than the booze you don't have.

• Like 2

Chris Taylor

Host, eG Forums - ctaylor@egstaff.org

I've never met an animal I didn't enjoy with salt and pepper.

Melbourne
Harare, Victoria Falls and some places in between

3 hours ago, Okanagancook said:

It just hit the spot on this occasion.  Very refreshing.  Give it another go.  Make a short one.9_9

I mean I like them. When I was a pre-teen my parents told me it was a good drink to know for when I found myself in a social situation calling for cocktails. I took more to rum colins though.

It's almost never bad to feed someone.

• 3 months later...

Pink Lady:  1 1/2 ounces plymouth (bombay sapphire), 1/2 oz Laird's Bonded Apple Brandy (Osocalis Apple Brandy, and I don't regret it one bit), 3/4 oz lemon juice, 3/4 oz simple syrup, 1/2 oz housemade grenadine, 1 egg white

I agree with Tom Chadwick, "most delicious thing I'd ever tasted". Ok, maybe not "most" but it's up there.

Housemade grenadine made all the difference, it is fantastic!

IMG_2614.JPG

IMG_2612.JPG