• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

minor edit

49 minutes ago, KK said:

Thanks for the incredibly fast response!  I'm really excited to find a group of people going through this book like I am, and glad to know it's not a big deal if I don't have all those bitters.  

In reference to your latest post (Park Life Swizzle), anyone have recommendations for homemade falernum recipes?  (I did a quick search of this site, but came across much older posts - perhaps someone has come across something better since?)

You are very welcome. And you picked a great cocktail book to go through!

About falernum recipes, I did a review of published recipes a while back. Based on it, I've been very happy with the recipe that Adam Elmegirab posted on eGullet. That's my go-to recipe, and it has a great shelf-life too. 

Whatever you do, don't buy Taylor's velvet falernum. Its flavor is so weak, it's is a joke... Like clove flavored syrup. That's one case where it absolutely pays off to make your own.

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

34 minutes ago, KK said:

Thanks for the incredibly fast response!  I'm really excited to find a group of people going through this book like I am, and glad to know it's not a big deal if I don't have all those bitters.  

In reference to your latest post (Park Life Swizzle), anyone have recommendations for homemade falernum recipes?  (I did a quick search of this site, but came across much older posts - perhaps someone has come across something better since?)

You are very welcome. And you picked a great cocktail book to go through!

About falernum recipes, I did a review of published recipes a while back. Based on it, I've been very happy with the recipe that Adam Elmegirab posted on eGullet. That's my go-to recipe, and it has a great shelf-life too. 

Whatever you do, don't buy Taylor's velvet falernum. Its flavor is so weak, this is a joke... Like clove flavored syrup. That's one case where it absolutely pays off to make your own.