• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Greetings

CarolR

I've read confectionery (primarily chocolate related) egullet forums on and off and have finally decided to become a participating member instead of staying on the sidelines. I am a home cook who has acquired a passion for chocolate. My journey started with a recipe for salted caramels. After realizing that they would taste even better if they were covered with chocolate, I had to learn to temper it. . A local class in Minneapolis was followed by classes at the Chocolate Academy in Chicago. I've also learned so much from all of you and look forward to continuing to improve my skills. My chocolate work is primarily on weekends/ nights, I'm a physician by training. It's been amazing to see the astonishing work done by other chocolate hobbyists, my own is still light years away!

• Like 2