• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

[SE Mi.] Asian Restaurants-What do we love?

Naftal

Hello- Asian food/Chinese tea is my passion. I love all the Asian styles from Western Asia (often called the Middle East) to the Orient. I have my faves in all categories and I know they are subjective. So, I am willing to share and to learn. I will not begin by listing my faves in all categories and styles that will come in time. But.....

Chinese in A2-Kai Garden

Thai-Bangkok Café

Dim-Sum- Shangri-La

Tea Shop (Chinese)- Goldfish Tea

So, what are your favorite/special places? :wub:

"As life's pleasures go, food is second only to sex.Except for salami and eggs...Now that's better than sex, but only if the salami is thickly sliced"--Alan King (1927-2004)

Ok- I am working on a list of the 10 best Chinese Restaurants in the TriCounty Area, please help. I have only gotten this far:

Hong Hua

China Ruby

China Café

Empress Dynasty

What would your list include?   What should I add?

I really want this list to include an even 10!

"As life's pleasures go, food is second only to sex.Except for salami and eggs...Now that's better than sex, but only if the salami is thickly sliced"--Alan King (1927-2004)

Hello- I made an assumption. I assumed that when I used Mi, people knew I meant Michigan; since the postal code is MI. If this has caused any confusion, please let me know. :unsure:  :unsure:  :unsure: 

I suppose Lansing would be outside the geographical area you are seeking to discuss?  :-) 

I can't contribute to the list of restaurants for Asian food (West to East to North to South) in DTW as I have no experience in that area - but as I mentioned on another thread here on eG I have read about various restaurants in DTW on another food forum (cough) as I imagine you must have too?

I suppose Lansing would be outside the geographical area you are seeking to discuss?  :-) 

I can't contribute to the list of restaurants for Asian food (West to East to North to South) in DTW as I have no experience in that area - but as I mentioned on another thread here on eG I have read about various restaurants in DTW on another food forum (cough) as I imagine you must have too?

huiray- I have read the other food forum (cough), too.

Since I am neither a pro chef nor of Asian-descent, I would never have started this thread, if someone had not suggested it :unsure: .

I just am particularly fond of these styles :wub:   and explore them whenever  time and finances permit.