• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

4 bottles to make manly cocktails

DynV

In Scotland, part of the Great British Kingdom, they drink it 50/50 w cool water.  room temp in Scotland, which is pretty cold.

that's what all the little jugs ( furnished free by various distilleries , w logos, etc ) on the bar are for.  you add your own

you can look it up, or take a trip .

Im not much for 'Stills   but its not bad that way.

'Half and Half'  I think its called.

http://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/C-457.aspx

It might be a sort of fetish to collect these.

not sure myself.

I also can't say if the jug has to be related to the actual whisky you are drinking for optimal taste.

Edited by rotuts (log)
  • Like 1

gfweb's dog > rotuts cat

Amaro Sibilia / dell'Erborista > bittersweet amari > Islay Scotch > Scotch > Gin Martini > Negroni / bittersweet cocktails > Daiquiri / sweetsour cocktails > Perfect Manhattan / sweet balanced cocktails > Old fashioned / Sweet cocktails > Gin & Tonic > water > vodka

Have I offended everyone? ;)

• Like 3

Kindred Cocktails | Craft + Collect + Concoct + Categorize + Community

""  gfweb's dog > rotuts cat ""

I showed this to my cat.

he Yawned, looked around and then got down to business and put a rear leg in the air and started

to 'Buff Up His "" parts "" '

then curled up and went to sleep.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I keep wanting to name a cocktail Grrrlie Drink.

DrunkLab.tumblr.com

”In Demerara some of the rum producers have a unique custom of placing chunks of raw meat in the casks to assist in aging, to absorb certain impurities, and to add a certain distinctive character.” -Peter Valaer, "Foreign and Domestic Rum," 1937

""  gfweb's dog > rotuts cat ""

I showed this to my cat.

he Yawned, looked around and then got down to business and put a rear leg in the air and started

to 'Buff Up His "" parts "" '

then curled up and went to sleep.

LOL

Cats never get it.

Dogs are heroically innocent...Dudley Do-right types. John Wayne had an Airedale named Duke. He adopted  the name out of respect for the beast.

Airedales are the apotheosis of the species.

Cats are...cats.