• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Food loving physician from the UK

mjbarnard

I am a physician based in The London Heart Hospital.

I am a lover of food and wine, particularly European and Modernist cooking. I have some qualifications in wine and oenology from UC Berkeley and the London WSET. I visit European destinations every year and sample authentic regional cuisine.

I am intrigued by the influence of technology on food, and a true gadget lover.

I have a particular interest in (and am actively researching - not professionally) the changing views on the influence of dietary fat on heart disease. 

Having studied the forums for some time I am really grateful for the huge amount of shared information.

Best

Matthew

• Like 1

Let me add my welcome to the others'.  It sounds as though you'll have a lot to contribute, and it's nice that you've decided to join us.  I too have been interested in the changing thoughts about the influence of diet and dietary fat on heart disease, and will be interested in your thoughts, should you choose to share them with us. 

• Like 1

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown