• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

In-n-Out Pop Up - Toronto - Did Anyone Go..?

wokkingtall

Well, don't expect too much!

In-N-Out is my favorite large-chain burger, by far. 

However, it is a large-chain burger.

It's not going to beat a burger individually-made at one of the few (and dwindling) mom & pop-style burger joints still left. 

In-N-Out has really fresh bread, meat, veggies, and I love them.

But they ain't no "Gonzales Burger" is all I'm saying:  http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/217/1476309/restaurant/McAllen/Gonzalez-Burger-Donna

I don't understand why rappers have to hunch over while they stomp around the stage hollering.  It hurts my back to watch them. On the other hand, I've been thinking that perhaps I should start a rap group here at the Old Folks' Home.  Most of us already walk like that.

Damn - that Gonzales Burger looks fine!

To say it's legendary is no exaggeration.  Mom & daughter started selling them in their garage years ago.  It's a great story.  And now it's considered by many to be the finest burger in Texas.

As of the last time I was down there, a few years back, it's still a "you've got to know" kind of deal.  Still selling them out of the garage in the old neighborhood.  No sign.  No regular hours, really.

Like I said, you've just got to know.

I don't understand why rappers have to hunch over while they stomp around the stage hollering.  It hurts my back to watch them. On the other hand, I've been thinking that perhaps I should start a rap group here at the Old Folks' Home.  Most of us already walk like that.