• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

daveb

daveb

My latest is a "real"  Kiritsuke, a 270mm Suisin from Korin.  Rockers need not apply.

The fun job is with a high end caterer and very precise veg and fish cuts are required.  Thought I would give this a whirl.  So far loving it.  As with my other Japanese knife purchases there was no touchy feely before hand. 

59efd10aadd4e_SuisinKiritsuke.thumb.jpg.5418bb153bf80528850b8a5bec397280.jpg

daveb

daveb

My latest is a "real" Suisin Kiritsuke from Korin.  The fun job is with a high end caterer and very precise veg and fish cuts are required.  Thought I would give this a whirl.  So far loving it.  As with my other Japanese knife purchases there was no touchy feely before hand.  Rockers need not apply.59efd10aadd4e_SuisinKiritsuke.thumb.jpg.5418bb153bf80528850b8a5bec397280.jpg