• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

need help with Persian Sohan

hi everyone

I have been trying to make Persian Sohan for long time but unfortunately I could not do it in the right way, I have read about its ingredient and recipe, I even watched few videos (what are available in the net) but it did not work because most of them in Persian language and they do not give full details about the method. 

I think I am missing something, such as the type of flour, there is two types mentioned usually in the its ingredient but because of the language I could know what they are exactly, also the level of heat that is needed, the period of cook.

so could anyone help me with full details about how to do the Sohan, 

PS, "Persian" is fine as an adjective in a cultural context, and as the name of the national language.

Not sure what "in a cultural context" means (I thought all contexts were cultural), but if you can't find any recipes in a search for an outdated term, then trying a current one might be a better idea. No?

Yes Persian is still the English name for a language, although I prefer the less Anglicised "Farsi".

Edited by liuzhou (log)

...your dancing child with his Chinese suit.

The Kitchen Scale Manifesto