• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Margaret Pilgrim

Margaret Pilgrim

Kitchen twine  You are really fancy-shmancy.    I save string from laundry packages, tying each week's length onto a ball.    Figure it all gets cooked anyway.     Son, who apparently missed receiving the thrift gene, needed some string and was surprised by a knot at the end of a 10ft length,    He looked at it for an instant and said, "Tell me you aren't saving string from the laundry..."     Shrug.    (Not sure if was Gallic but it spoke volumes.)

Margaret Pilgrim

Margaret Pilgrim

17 minutes ago, Anna N said:

So are mosquitoes, Gila monsters, earwigs and horse manure. Don’t fancy any of them in my pantry. 😂

Kitchen twine  You are really fancy-shmancy.    I save string from laundry packages, tying each week's length onto a ball.    Figure it all gets cooked anyway.     Son, who apparently missed receiving the thrift gene, needed some string and was surprised by a knot at the end of a 10ft length,    He looked at it for an instant and said, "Tell me you aren't saving string from the laundry..."     Shrug.    (Not sure if was Gallic but it spoke volumes.)