• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ElsieD

ElsieD

16 hours ago, FeChef said:

6 years ago, going to be hard to remember. No i haven't made it since. Ive moved on to real smoked Turkeys and Turkey Breasts. But thats a whole other animal literally and figuratively. As far as what wood flavor the liquid smoke was, it had to be Wrights Hickory because its the only brand i buy. 

As far as instructions, I just trussed two large boneless skinless breats with the thick ends opposit to make a round cylinder shape, brine in 500g of water, 20g of morton tender quick and 1 tsp of liquid smoke for 48 hours. Sous vide at 140F for 3-4 hours.

Thank you.  I have the liquid smoke but I don't have any Morton's TQ,  I do have pink salt.  Do you happen to know if I can sub equal amounts of that for the MTQ?

ElsieD

ElsieD

38 minutes ago, FeChef said:

6 years ago, going to be hard to remember. No i haven't made it since. Ive moved on to real smoked Turkeys and Turkey Breasts. But thats a whole other animal literally and figuratively. As far as what wood flavor the liquid smoke was, it had to be Wrights Hickory because its the only brand i buy. 

As far as instructions, I just trussed two large boneless skinless breats with the thick ends opposit to make a round cylinder shape, brine in 500g of water, 20g of morton tender quick and 1 tsp of liquid smoke for 48 hours. Sous vide at 140F for 3-4 hours.

Thank you.  I have t hff e liquid s oke but I don't have any Morton's TQ,  I do have pink salt.  Do you happen to know if I can sub equal amounts of that for the MTQ?