• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

Anna N

The Savory Baking Topic

56 minutes ago, blue_dolphin said:

Wow!  Bespoke puff pastry - I'm ever so impressed!

I am incredibly spoiled in so many ways. 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Anna N said:

I am incredibly spoiled in so many ways. 

And the problem with that is....??

6 minutes ago, kayb said:

And the problem with that is....??

xD

I'd never made sausage rolls but decided to try the recipe that @Anna N mentioned in response to a sausage roll question.

IMG_6605.thumb.jpg.40f5c337c584f1700547f46ec037ae2b.jpg

I used the sweet Italian sausage called for in the recipe but seems like a very adaptable recipe.  Baked off a few in the CSO and have the rest stashed in the freezer. 

Oh, and my puff pastry was NOT made especially for me - Trader Joe's sells this stuff to anyone xD.

It's actually a nice all-butter product and I should pick up a few boxes while it's still in stock. 

• Like 6
  • Delicious 2
  • Haha 2

I have sausage roll envy!  Nice job.  I find making my own pastry rather than puff results in a less fatty roll.  But, puff is faster for sure.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blue_dolphin said:

Baked off a few in the CSO and have the rest stashed in the freezer.

What temperature/function did you use? 

I also have sausage roll envy as even the ones I had put aside for myself I caved and gave away.   :o

1 hour ago, Anna N said:

What temperature/function did you use? 

I also have sausage roll envy as even the ones I had put aside for myself I caved and gave away.   :o

Good for you!  I'm afraid I will hear them calling to me from inside the freezer!

These got convect bake @ 400F for the first 10 min then, after rotating the tray, I bumped it up to the recommended 425F for another 10 min.  I'm thinking about using steam-bake for the next round as they'll be coming direct from the freezer.  Will report back when I do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1