• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hello from Istanbul

tnc__

Hello I am Tunca from Turkey. I study Gastronomy at Okan University Istanbul and also work as a cook in Noi Istanbul restaurant. I also have website but it is Turkish (www.gastrosef.com )  I would like to give information about Turkish food and learn about new cuisines as well. 

• Like 1

Yes, and we recently had a member telling us that he had a friend traveling to Istanbul, and asking us what we would suggest that he ask his friend to bring back.

We sure could have used your expertise on that thread.

I know I'm not alone in saying that I'm thrilled to see you here.

I don't understand why rappers have to hunch over while they stomp around the stage hollering.  It hurts my back to watch them. On the other hand, I've been thinking that perhaps I should start a rap group here at the Old Folks' Home.  Most of us already walk like that.

Greetings !

Ahhh yes,  I watch the Travel Shows on TV by Rudy Maxa and Bert Wolfe when they show Istanbul and "The Grand Bazaar" with all the exotic spices and extracts.  How I would love to import my own spices from there.  I just don't know how to go about it and the USA legal requirements for doing it.   I know I could bring it in to Port Columbus, Ohio which is an international inland port 240 km from me.

eGullet'e hoş geldiniz Tunca Bey!

Any chance you know the secrets of good tantuni?

Also, maybe which brands of commercially prepared biber salçası are the best? Over here we can get Tukaş, Tamek, and a few others.

Edited by Hassouni (log)