• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hello

tcamp

I am tcamp and have been reading these forums for several years w/o participating. I am active on chowhound with this user name. I have been cooking for family, friends, and groups for many years. I am not a food professional but have taken various classes over the years. I work full time and have a spouse and 2 teens so most of my weekday cooking is of the hash-slinging variety with weekends dedicated to food projects. In addition to home cooking and food preservation, I'm interested in local foods, food politics, and health and nutrition.

Welcome, tcamp. It's nice to know your reading here has inspired you to participate. Maybe you'll post about some of your weekend cooking projects? If you have any questions about how things work on these forums, don't be shy about asking a host.

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown