• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

"Off-label" Uses for Ramen Noodles

GlorifiedRice

I saw David Chang on TV eating a brick of dried ramen noodles like a candy bar.

This was a popular snack growing up in the 70's. In Korea when I went back in the 80's and 90's  they had come out with ramen that was specifically supposed to be eaten as a snack and not cooked. There were two kinds the ones that were broken up, and had the coating, and the diy and they came in different flavors, of ramen, but also chocolate and strawberry etc. We used to share them growing up as it was a little too salty to eat by yourself, but I don't remember if the snack type was as salty.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ramen soup noodles for breakfast.

nissin-noodle.gif></a></p>

My name is KP Kwan. I am a pharmacist turned restaurateur who lives in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. I have worked in my restaurant more than ten years and since year 2012.

I am also a food blogger.  You can read my blog at http://tasteasianfood.com/

I am looking forward to learning and contributing topics about culinary skills in this forum.

• 2 weeks later...