• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Some "high end" recommendations in Lambertville

NewFoodie

Brian's, d'Floret Restaurant and Manon in Lambertville are all excellent - and they're all with 400 feet of each other!

Italian Cucina, hidden in a back alley across the river in New Hope, Pennsylvania, is also supposed to be excellent, but I haven't eaten there myself, so I really couldn't say for sure. They supposedly serve huge portions, but the service is dreadfully slow, owing to the excessive schmoozing that the owner / chef does with the patrons.

I looked up the menus for Brian's  and d'floret online. I noticed that they listed some of their purveyors. Blue Moon Acres, Terhune Orchards, Chesterfield Food Co-op/Honey Brook Farm, Cherry Grove Farm, and Valley Shepherd Creamery are all local to you. They're worth checking out for their produce, cheeses and artisanal products, if you haven't done so already. Their websites say they have farm stores and/or they participate in local farmers mkts.

The Valley Shepherd Creamery website says they sell their own pasture-raised lamb. Much lamb sold in the U.S. is imported. Where I live, I go out of my way to buy locally raised lamb. I think it tastes better.

Edited by djyee100 (log)

I looked up the menus for Brian's  and d'floret online. I noticed that they listed some of their purveyors. Blue Moon Acres, Terhune Orchards, Chesterfield Food Co-op/Honey Brook Farm, Cherry Grove Farm, and Valley Shepherd Creamery are all local to you. They're worth checking out for their produce, cheeses and artisanal products, if you haven't done so already. Their websites say they have farm stores and/or they participate in local farmers mkts.

The Valley Shepherd Creamery website says they sell their own pasture-raised lamb. Much lamb sold in the U.S. is imported. Where I live, I go out of my way to buy locally raised lamb. I think it tastes better.

Yeah, I patronize Terhune's and Cherry Grove all the time, as well as Birchwood Farm Dairy across the river in Upper Makefield, PA.

Cherry Grove has their own creamerie and makes their own cheese, and Terhune's, which has been there at least since I was a kid, has a surprisingly diverse range of self-made products, including even I think 5 varieties of wine (which I haven't tried). And all 3 have their own onsite stores.

Unfortunately, Honey Brook Farm in Pennington is just a CSA (they don't have an onsite store), and that's a bit more of a commitment than I want to make.  (There's also a CSA in Lawrenceville whose name escapes me, and which I can't find online right now.)

I hadn't heard of Blue Moon Acres in Pennington. I'll have to check them out.

Valley Shepherd Creamery is in Long Valley (a town I had never heard of), and it's about 45 miles away, so that's kind of too far.

Anyway, the Trenton Farmers' Market (which is actually in Ewing), is excellent, although a little of the food comes from as far away as Vineland (about 70 miles away).