• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

eG Chocolate and Confectionery Workshop 2015

RobertM

Last year in Las Vegas we did several new things with the group.  People brought molds they had and were no longer using and we did a Mold exchange.  In addition we also had attendees submit a formula they wanted to share with the group and "published" them in our notebook/handouts.

Since the conference is only 7 weeks away I would like to get your feedback - would you like to continue these things? 

Can you respond and let me know for the group what you think?

Thanks

For those coming from a local distance (or those driving with an "empty" trunk) are there any attendees who can volunteer to allow us to use some of your equipment?  Table Top Temperers? Guitars?  Heat Guns?  so forth and so on? 

Last year in Las Vegas we did several new things with the group. People brought molds they had and were no longer using and we did a Mold exchange. In addition we also had attendees submit a formula they wanted to share with the group and "published" them in our notebook/handouts.

Since the conference is only 7 weeks away I would like to get your feedback - would you like to continue these things?

Thanks

Enjoyed both last year. I vote to continue with them this year.

I can probably bring along a couple of melters.  I'm a little hesitant to bring the guitar across the border though.  

While we are on the topic of what needs bringing along - I have a few infrared thermometers from Canadian Tire that were about $40 and I have the all stainless dipping forks if anyone needs one.  

• Like 1

For those coming from a local distance (or those driving with an "empty" trunk) are there any attendees who can volunteer to allow us to use some of your equipment?  Table Top Temperers? Guitars?  Heat Guns?  so forth and so on? 

I can bring my table top temperer and a guitar. 

Steve Lebowitz

Doer of All Things

Steven Howard Confections

Slicing a warm slab of bacon is a lot like giving a ferret a shave. No matter how careful you are, somebody's going to get hurt - Alton Brown, "Good Eats"

Last year in Las Vegas we did several new things with the group.  People brought molds they had and were no longer using and we did a Mold exchange.  In addition we also had attendees submit a formula they wanted to share with the group and "published" them in our notebook/handouts.

Thanks

I've posted a file to the FB group for those that have access.  There isn't a way to post a non-image file to eG.  If you don't have access to the FB group and would like a copy, please PM me with your e-mail address and I'll send it to you.

Steve Lebowitz

Doer of All Things

Slicing a warm slab of bacon is a lot like giving a ferret a shave. No matter how careful you are, somebody's going to get hurt - Alton Brown, "Good Eats"

We are getting close to our get together - if you are going to submit a formula to share with the group please do so by May 1, that way I can have time to copy them and get them put together in a cohesive manner.

Don't forget to start going through your molds to bring with you for the mold exchange/sale -

• 2 weeks later...

I need to know if any of those who are local would like to invite their spouse/significant other to dinner on Saturday night at Culinaria.  I need to give them a final head count soon.  Of course, that would incur an additional $35 charge

• 2 weeks later...

We are a fast week away from the fun -

We've got some amazing things planned for you this coming weekend, be prepared. 

When is everyone arriving to DC?  (Yes, I know - those of us who live in the area are already here...)

I just got an email outlining A Chocoholics Guide to Northern Virginia - If anyone is interested and will be around, I'll make a few phone calls and those who are around on Friday could use the guide as a means to a Friday Field Trip

Thoughts?

Hello Everyone!!

Sadly I will not be able to attend much if any of the conference this year due to some staffing issues I am having at the restaurant right now. But, that being said, Friday night's dinner will be at my little wine bar! All I need is a head count. The name of the restaurant is Bottle Stop. Its located at 311 Mill Street, Occoquan, VA. Dinner will be at 5pm. If anyone has any questions please let me or Bob know! Thanks so much and I look forward to meeting all of you!

Hello Everyone!!Sadly I will not be able to attend much if any of the conference this year due to some staffing issues I am having at the restaurant right now. But, that being said, Friday night's dinner will be at my little wine bar! All I need is a head count. The name of the restaurant is Bottle Stop. Its located at 311 Mill Street, Occoquan, VA. Dinner will be at 5pm. If anyone has any questions please let me or Bob know! Thanks so much and I look forward to meeting all of you!

Ashley, I hope you will be able to come for a least some of the conference.

Are we choosing from the regular menu or is there a special menu? If there is a special menu, what is it & how much will dinner cost?

Are we having the chocolate & confections meet & greet at the Bottle Stop or at the conference hotel?

The hope was to have the meet & greet at the restaurant - because the hotel wanted a huge amount of money for a room - (unless someone wants to volunteer their room for it)

I'm in!  If anyone needs a ride, let me know.  I'm staying at the hotel.  PM me if you would like to ride together.

Steve Lebowitz

Doer of All Things