• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

eG Chocolate and Confectionery Workshop 2015

RobertM

Just to be clear folks - these are not commitments to attend the conference/master class, merely the gathering of interest levels.  

Conference

YetiChocolates

GWBYLS

Kerry Beal

Curls

Chocolot

Beth Wilson

Pastry Girl

Mette

Lebowits

Matthew Kirshner

Gwendolyn

Gfron1 (if life allows)

Tikidoc

Matthew Hayday

Sarahdwyer

Ashley Waters

dhardy

Master Class

YetiChocolates

Kerry Beal

Curls

Chocolot

Beth Wilson

Pastry Girl

Mette

Lebowits

Matthew Kirshner

Gfron1 (if life allows)

Tikidoc

Matthew Hayday

Sarahdwyer

Ashley Waters

dhardy

I will be traveling the next few weeks and may not have access to a computer to update this on a regular basis - rest assured I'm NOT ignoring you or the conference -

Conference

YetiChocolates

GWBYLS

Kerry Beal

Curls

Chocolot

Beth Wilson

Pastry Girl

Mette

Lebowits

Matthew Kirshner

Gwendolyn

Gfron1 (if life allows)

Tikidoc

Matthew Hayday

Sarahdwyer

Ashley Waters

dhardy

Sue Casey

Master Class

YetiChocolates

Kerry Beal

Curls

Chocolot

Beth Wilson

Pastry Girl

Mette

Lebowits

Matthew Kirshner

Gfron1 (if life allows)

Tikidoc

Matthew Hayday

Sarahdwyer

Ashley Waters

dhardy

Sue Casey

Conference

YetiChocolates

GWBYLS

Kerry Beal

Curls

Chocolot

Beth Wilson

Pastry Girl

Mette

Lebowits

Matthew Kirshner

Gwendolyn

Gfron1 (if life allows)

Tikidoc

Matthew Hayday

Sarahdwyer

Ashley Waters

dhardy

Sue Casey

Carsondial

Bradchoc

Master Class

YetiChocolates

Kerry Beal

Curls

Chocolot

Beth Wilson

Pastry Girl

Mette

Lebowits

Matthew Kirshner

Gfron1 (if life allows)

Tikidoc

Matthew Hayday

Sarahdwyer

Ashley Waters

dhardy

Sue Casey

Carsondial

Bradchoc

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Conference

YetiChocolates

GWBYLS

Kerry Beal

Curls

Chocolot

Beth Wilson

Pastry Girl

Mette

Lebowits

Matthew Kirshner

Gwendolyn

Gfron1 (if life allows)

Tikidoc

Matthew Hayday

Sarahdwyer

Ashley Waters

dhardy

Sue Casey

Carsondial

Bradchoc

rhartley

Markwightman

Master Class

YetiChocolates

Kerry Beal

Curls

Chocolot

Beth Wilson

Pastry Girl

Mette

Lebowits

Matthew Kirshner

Gfron1 (if life allows)

Tikidoc

Matthew Hayday

Sarahdwyer

Ashley Waters

dhardy

Sue Casey

Carsondial

Bradchoc

Markwightman

Is this open to any form of member? I am currently just signed up on here as a free member, that said if it is open I would certainly be interested.

"If you can crack an egg one-handed, you'll have no problems undoing a brassiere." -Newfie saying

richichi - the conference is open for any member to join us, but there is a cost associated with the conference itself.  Therefore, anyone paying for the conference can attend.  (costs will hopefully be posted in the near future).  Travel and hotel costs as well are the responsibility of the attendee. 

With that said, we'd love to have you

Bob

I'm down tenatively for the conference, just need to make sure I can have the time off at work. We run off a seniority heirachy as far as time off goes.

Also quick question, at what skill level would you say the master classes are useful at? I am fresh out of culinary so I am not sure if my skills will be up to par based off of what I have seen posted here. You folks are fabulously talented and while I hope to get there I am not there yet.

"If you can crack an egg one-handed, you'll have no problems undoing a brassiere." -Newfie saying

richichi - we still haven't finalized any of the topics for the Friday class but in general, I would say if you've had some experience working with chocolate, tempering, you'd be ok in the group.  It's not designed for beginners or only those with MOF

Once we finalize topics I feel safe to say you can then make a decision about the Master Class

• 1 month later...

Congratulations to you and your wife, Matthew!

Any confirmation on conference dates yet, Robert? I might be able to make it during the time you mentioned.

I am a total chocolate novice, so I am sure the topics in the Master Class would be well above my pay grade - but, that said, does it really matter if I feel I could still get something out of at least watching and listening - and otherwise just pay and stay out of the way? It is a fair drive to DC from here so would be nice to get a full weekend out of the trip. But, you be the judge - and tentatively put me down for at least the conference, please.

• 1 month later...

Happy New Year!

I haven't been ignoring this thread - anything but - been trying to accomplish a few things behind the scenes. 

I've potentially found an instructor - more on that later when it's more of a sure thing.

For those who attended last time - did you like the hotel?  Would you like to see a different hotel?

About the school/venue - I've spoken to them many, many times and while they still say they are anxious to have us back they won't commit on the dates for the conference.  This is my big stumbling block at this time because I can't commit to an instructor, I can't commit to you who are coming, the hotel venues, and of course, you can't make plans

I'm going to see them again in about 10 days and hope to be able to make a positive report so everyone can begin to make travel arrangements.

I did mention to the school that most of us would like to see a "quick" lunch (sandwiches?) in lieu of a sit down lunch - giving us more kitchen time.  They liked that idea and are happy to make those changes.  Saturday night will still be the sit down - school chef/students prepared meal.

Looking forward to making some progress .....

• Like 1

Happy New Year!

I haven't been ignoring this thread - anything but - been trying to accomplish a few things behind the scenes. 

I've potentially found an instructor - more on that later when it's more of a sure thing.

For those who attended last time - did you like the hotel?  Would you like to see a different hotel?

About the school/venue - I've spoken to them many, many times and while they still say they are anxious to have us back they won't commit on the dates for the conference.  This is my big stumbling block at this time because I can't commit to an instructor, I can't commit to you who are coming, the hotel venues, and of course, you can't make plans

I'm going to see them again in about 10 days and hope to be able to make a positive report so everyone can begin to make travel arrangements.

I did mention to the school that most of us would like to see a "quick" lunch (sandwiches?) in lieu of a sit down lunch - giving us more kitchen time.  They liked that idea and are happy to make those changes.  Saturday night will still be the sit down - school chef/students prepared meal.

Looking forward to making some progress .....

Happy New Year!

Hotel last time was nice; I'd be happy staying there again.

Lunch... would definitely prefer a quick lunch vs. a multi-course sit down plated lunch. Salads & sandwiches would be great (like we have had at NOTL & Vegas).

Saturday night sit down school chef/students prepared meal also sounds good.

Thanks for planning this. Would be glad to help out, just let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Robert.  I'm fairly new to the forum but every time I log on, I find it very useful - just need more time to browse the topics!  I would be very interested in attending both the Workshop and Master Class.  Thanks for arranging this - it's very much appreciated.  John