• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

teagal

New Lays Potato Chip Flavors

In regards to the three new flavors I previously mentioned...

I re-tried the flavors.

I can't really review the Fried Green Tomatoes Flavored Chips as I have led a deprived life and have never tasted a fried green tomato. Shocking, isn't it? :o

The Everything Bagel Chips still didn't have much flavor, IMHO. I think part of the gimmick here is that some of the chips have poppy seeds on them. Other than that, I can't figure out the draw of this chip flavor.

The Crispy Taco flavored chips have the most flavor, I believe. I can definitely taste cumin and chile powder...though It tastes more like enchilada sauce than a crispy taco.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I found this one in a small convenience store on Phi Phi island, Thailand. I am looking very much forward to try them tomorrow night :)

WP_20171005_16_57_13_Pro_LI.jpg

• Like 5

I find all the flavored chips to be wonderful diet aids.  I don't really care for most of them that I've tried, but even with the ones that I liked, I never found myself eating half a bag without thinking about it like I can with a bag of plain old salt Utz!

• Like 3

With almost all of these flavours I find myself thinking as I enjoy the first one that it really does taste like whatever flavours it purports to be. Then by the third chip I’m completely disillusioned. 

They are a fine diet food because most of the time I just bin the whole bag.  Not so with my favourite Lays Sour Cream and Onion though even these don’t do it for me much anymore. 

• Like 5

I rely on the Wavy Lay's Hickory BBQ chips most of the time.  Other than those, I crave Doritos Nacho Cheese flavor.  Both go great with sandwiches and I keep both on hand at all times.

• Like 2

Regarding the new flavor contest, a winner has been declared:

"Crispy Taco Wins Lay’s 'Do Us a Flavor' Contest"

...today, Texan Ellen Sarem took home $1 million for her Crispy Taco iteration. Lay's fans across the country voted on the chip company’s website, Twitter, and Instagram to determine the winner. Sarem’s flavor, which includes fresh lettuce, tomato, and cheese was apparently the tastiest. 

• Like 1

Found this one yesterday night in a convenience store in Chengdu. Will try maybe today (after an encouragement beer or two ...).

WP_20180412_23_57_54_Pro.jpg

• Like 1

Somehow my grocery delivery order brought me “mozzarella n marinara” flavored Ruffles and not the regular kind I ordered. My husband liked them a lot. I thought they lacked flavor but did not lack salt. 

• Like 1