• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hey Everybody

Greetings and salutations to everyone,

I'm Dan, 25 from the UK. I've been a keen cook ever since I was about 7 baking cakes with my nan but although I can cook reasonably well I've never been massively serious about it. Just slap together food that tastes alright but with no real passion. All that has changed very recently (literally a week ago), after stumbling upon the modernist cuisine books I have discovered a new drive to cook. The ability to change a foods texture and appearance whilst maintaining the flavour is something I find really exciting. It's given me a new passion to make something different and to take presentation into account rather than slapping it on the plate.

Think that about covers it... I look forward to learning and discovering lots of new techniques and recipes. Hopefully even sharing a few of my own in the future. Take care and all the best to everyone :)