• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Black ganache

Ibake

Years ago I bought a chocolate, probably bitter sweet, and I believe it came out of Canada.  This product was darker than unsweetened chocolate and made a gorgeous black ganache with a wonderful sheen. It was probably a 25 lb box and was in disc form.  Does anyone know what it is?

Eat dessert first, after all, life is uncertain!

Are you sure it wasnt 90% cocoa  disc?  I get them from time to time from a friend and they make a very dark ganache .

Cheese is you friend, Cheese will take care of you, Cheese will never betray you, But blue mold will kill me.

Years ago I bought a chocolate, probably bitter sweet, and I believe it came out of Canada.  This product was darker than unsweetened chocolate and made a gorgeous black ganache with a wonderful sheen. It was probably a 25 lb box and was in disc form.  Does anyone know what it is?

Maybe try asking Kerry Beal:

http://forums.egullet.org/user/34671-kerry-beal/

Kerry, I do to have records from that long ago, I just went into my basement with fingers crossed. I even contacted the Pastry Chef who introduced it to me, and he thought it was Peters, so I might be totally wrong!

It most definitely was not in block form, no chopping required! I have also sent Peters an email, hoping they might know what it is!

Edited by Ibake (log)

Funny - found a really dark looking Peter's online when I was researching your question - would explain 25 lb boxes - most from the states rather than Canada.