• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Great Ways to Cook Corn on the Cob

Shel_B

Tried SV'd corn for the first time. 

IMG_5113.JPG.f64d2ac22a5171fd56b10fd0f5ee671f.JPG

I did 180F for 30 minutes.  We LOVED it.  If this corn had been from our garden, I would have done the 140F method, but this was from the store and a bit tougher.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Shelby said:

Might have to try this although the microwave method is too easy and too good to abandon!

• Like 3

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

6 hours ago, Shelby said:

I did 180F for 30 minutes.  We LOVED it.  If this corn had been from our garden, I would have done the 140F method, but this was from the store and a bit tougher.

And did the bastards still float?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Shelby said:

Well, this type of corn is very sweet and tasty no matter how it's cooked.