• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Confections! What did we make? (2014 – 2016)

minas6907

After the recent posts I am in awe. However, here is the second part of my strictly amateur candymania.

There are probably my favorite - puddles of whatever left over tempered chocolate i have with various toppings. Every candy book calls them by a different name - I prefer mendiants from Alice Medrich's  Bittersweet.

DSC01943.jpg

Pumpkin caramels

DSC01948.jpg

Greweling's Sleeping Beauties (how does he come up with these names?) - A layer of caramel topped with a layer of chocolate nougat. If I repeat them I want more nougat and less caramel.

DSC01941.jpg

A blurry picture of vanilla and espresso ganache chocolates

DSC01949.jpg

Cashew buttercrunchDSC01953.jpg

Peanut brittleDSC01954.jpg

Cherry and almond marzipan

DSC01945.jpg

Peanut butter barkDSC01935.jpg

There were a few more but I didn't get pictures of everything. The bags are not only packed but mostly either mailed or hand delivered. So no more candy making here for another year. 

Today my husband scrapped the chocolate off the kitchen floor and counters. It is absolutely amazing where smears of chocolate show up - the door handle to the back porch? Oh yeah - I let Fanny in. The TV remote. Well, yes. But on the door into the garage?! How did that happen?

• Like 16

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need. Cicero

But the library must contain cookbooks. Elaina

Moulded Satongo 72% dark chocolate hollow bunnies, red finish.

And a movie...
https://www.instagram.com/p/BOolhyQDCnN/

_057. Red bunnies (C)_400.jpg

[Host's note: to ease the load on our servers this topic has been split.  The deliciousness continues here.]

Edited by lesliec
Added host's note (log)
  • Like 6