• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Tri2Cook

Tri2Cook

The soft ganache wound up not being an issue but I did have 3 of the 24 bunnies absolutely refuse to leave the molds. The 21 that escaped look good. No temper issues that I can see, nice and shiny. Those 3 just wouldn't budge. I wacked the mold so much the bottoms broke off the chocolates and they still didn't move. Wasn't too disappointing, I looked at the molds from underneath before filling and could see that those 3 hadn't separated from the mold like the rest. Probably should have just skipped filling them but optimism pushed me to go ahead. As a beginner, I can live with a 21 out of 24 success ratio but curiosity has me wondering why those 3 wouldn't exit. Forced me to wash the mold so now I'm in delay mode while they dry.

Thanks Kerry! Found the thread, gonna read through it while I wait for my molds to dry.

Tri2Cook

Tri2Cook

The soft ganache wound up not being an issue but I did have 3 of the 24 bunnies absolutely refuse to leave the molds. The 21 that escaped look good. No temper issues that I can see, nice and shiny. Those 3 just wouldn't budge. I wacked the mold so much the bottoms broke off the chocolates and they still didn't move. Wasn't too disappointing, I looked at the molds from underneath before filling and could see that those 3 hadn't separated from the mold like the rest. Probably should have just skipped filling them but optimism pushed me to go ahead. As a beginner, I can live with a 21 out of 24 success ratio but curiosity has me wondering why those 3 wouldn't exit. Forced me to wash the mold so now I'm in delay mode while they dry.