• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Joey Chestnut says fat people can't be competitive eaters

I think that competitive eating is ridiculous , and the pictures of the faces of the competitors are downright disgusting. Of course this may go back to the 1940s annual fourth of July celebration in front of the volunteer fire company's firehouse and the blueberry pie eating contests.  No hands were allowed and the object was to see how much of the blueberry filling and pie crust the competitors could get smeared all over their clothing and faces.  In my list of stomach turning events involving food, competitive eating is right up there with talking with your mouth full and eating with your mouth open. End of rant. :angry:

• Like 1

"A fool", he said, "would have swallowed it". Samuel Johnson

Once upon a time I was the official photographer for a pie eating contest.  It was a political fundraising event.  Our candidate lost.

Edit:  Lost the election, that is.

Edited by JoNorvelleWalker (log)

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou