• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

"Fed Up"

LocavoreT

Has anyone  seen Fed Up?

Was it worth watching?

I enjoyed watching movies such as American Meat and  Food Inc, but want  new content not the same old food movement stuff I have seen before.

We saw Fed Up on Tuesday and we all agreed it was worth viewing.  It might be more of the same, but there are some salient points and interesting observations that set it somewhat apart from the movies you mentioned. 

Last night I watched this and found it more interesting, but the perspective is  about the American diet not about food production, although that is touched upon.  It's really hard to separate one from the other.

http://www.netflix.com/WiPlayer?movieid=70185045&trkid=13630398&tctx=0%2C0%2C07824010-c4bf-495d-afaf-afd6b7f585bc-399877&evType=EV7 

... Shel