• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hello there

CatPoet

Who am I?

Well that is the biggest question today I guess.

I am   Swedish, not named Inga or Helga, and no we dont make coo-coo clocks, have hot springs nor polar bears, more then in zoos.   And yes  we do have  electricity and we do still  speak Swedish and we comes  in all shapes, sizes and colours these days. So now I have covered the most common questions I get. Oh yes, I forgot  IKEA is our way of total world domination...  ops the secret is out now..  *grin*   Yes  I do have  sense humor too. I am still living in Sweden and loving it.

I cook most type of  cuisines , so long it doesn't  contain  ingredients I am intolerant too.  Yes, I have intolerances  and if I dont take care of them  they will turn into  allergies or kill me.  Trust me being a  food lover with restrictions is  hell, but I make the most of finding ways of making my food heaven. 

I love cooking, baking and  prepping food.  I am also very frugal and  have  big problem throwing out good food, not a hoarder just wants to find ways of using it up. Our lunches are most often left overs made into something new and lovely, I even serve my guest leftovers and so far they haven't complained but asked for more.  

I love teaching people how to cook and did once work as a private chef, which was fun.  I also been around on other forums but they have sadly died and that's why I am here now.

If there is anything  you want to know about Swedish cooking, just ask.  I know most thing, from  Grav lax to Kladdkaka.

I hope  this will be fun place to be.

Cheese is you friend, Cheese will take care of you, Cheese will never betray you, But blue mold will kill me.

I'm probably one of the few people on the planet that have never been to an Ikea store.........

I'm the other one.

Welcome, CatPoet.  We like a sense of humour.  And food.  You'll have fun here.

See you round the forums,

Leslie

Leslie Craven, aka "lesliec"
Host, eG Forumslcraven@egstaff.org

After a good dinner one can forgive anybody, even one's own relatives ~ Oscar Wilde

My eG Foodblog

eGullet Ethics Code signatory

Well there is always the ones who dont bow to the overlord. ;)  But if you  buy stuff from IKEA you help the kids, small villages and old people in my province.

I also do menu planning for whole month.

Oh I forgot,  half my family is Scottish, I married a Scot a while ago.

Cheese is you friend, Cheese will take care of you, Cheese will never betray you, But blue mold will kill me.