• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Manual Dutchess Divider BM 36 - Needs Service

bobdrob

The Culinary Bake Shop in my Voc School has a Dutchess BM-59 (that's how old it is-it had a discreet model #) dough divider,  similar to the BM36,  that needs service. Easttern Bakers in Boston used to offer a refurb service for a few hundred bucks (well worth it!) The old paisano who did it has long since retired. After googling & calling around i've found little help in this matter. Even Dutchess didn't have a clue. Does anyone know of a service company in the New England area who still works on these puppies? I'll gladly schlep it to & fro. We're on Martha's Vineyard, so everywhere is a schlep to us.  All help greatly appreciated!   regards,  bobdrob

• 2 weeks later...

to follow up: Service one would do it, but they're too far to be practcal for us. Valley didn't do the machine, but steered me to a CFESA site that pointed me to  Harris-Warren in yarmouth port on the Cape. They said they'd do the work. Hooray for old school skills!  thanks Matt - lovely offspring BTW!

to follow up: Service one would do it, but they're too far to be practcal for us. Valley didn't do the machine, but steered me to a CFESA site that pointed me to  Harris-Warren in yarmouth port on the Cape. They said they'd do the work. Hooray for old school skills!  thanks Matt - lovely offspring BTW!

Anything to help, good luck with the repairs.